The Spilsby Christmas Lights Switch On and Market is taking place on 25 November from 3pm (switch on at 6pm). If you are interested in having a stall at the event we have extended our deadline due to more space being made available. To find out more about the event or to apply to have a stall see our Christmas in Spilsby page.
Latest Lincolnshire News
Lincolnshire firefighters are warning residents to be vigilant in the kitchen after attending six cooking-related fires in three days, mostly caused by cooking being left unattended.
On Friday 27 October, at 11.26am, firefighters were called to a cooker fire at a house on Dickenson Terrace in Gainsborough. The owner had cleaned the cooker recently, but unfortunately had left a quantity of cleaning...
Residents in East Lindsey are being asked for their views on the local Council Tax Support Scheme.
East Lindsey District Council is asking for the views of local people on its proposed 2018/19 Support Scheme through a consultation exercise taking place between September 29 and October 25.
Source: Horncastle News
The UK's only flying Lancaster bomber has taken to the air in its first test after undergoing "major maintenance".
As well as a complete overhaul, the aircraft was given new nose art featuring a kangaroo and bagpipes.
Source: BBC News
A plan for a Gypsy and Traveller transit site in Burgh-le-Marsh has been narrowly refused.
East Lindsey District Council planners met this morning to discuss the controversial plan for next to the Burgh bypass.
Source: Skegness Standard
Warnings of a storm surge on the east coast of England have led to military being drafted in to respond.
Lincolnshire's chief constable Neil Rhodes said evacuation plans had been prepared, with 100 soldiers helping police in door-to-door warnings.
Source: BBC News
- Fears raised after closure of surgery with 2,000 patients
- New dog dirt rules will fine owners for not carrying a poo bag
- Council nets £2.5m bonus to tackle almost 50,000 potholes
- Lincolnshire County Council rejects devolution deal that would bring £450million into the county
- Lincolnshire heritage attractions face council funding axe
- Travellers sites suggested for three Lincolnshire coastal towns
- Police force becomes first in UK to mount global search for chief
- \'Badman\' driver offered Willoughby crash passenger bribe
- \'We\'re still suffering\' - Serco contract continues to cause chaos in schools
- Firefighters could be driving gritting lorries when the roads ice up in winter
- Bypass could be on agenda in key talks
- Man found dead in tent on Skegness beach
- Man builds his own Brexit border control out of wheelie bins
- Lancaster bomber\'s first flight since fire
- Lincoln marks 100th anniversary of the tank
- Lincoln Council approves 20p public toilet charges
- 1,200 people turn out to commemorate Somme centenary at Lincoln Castle
- Emergency service obesity calls in Lincolnshire double
- Skegness Town Council vote to support Premier Inn
- Grass mowing services in Lincolnshire cut to save money
- Motorist accused of killing 19-year-old moped driver to face trial
- Opponents slam Lincolnshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner for appointing deputy - against recommendation
- Axed air display back at RAF Scampton in 2017
- Men accused of stealing £71,000 of Bank Holiday car park takings
- Deputy Leader of Lincolnshire County Council appointed commissioner at Rotherham Council
For more news articles, please view the news archive.