Latest Spilsby News
East Lindsey District Council has come under fire for not doing more to ensure the popular SO Festival continues to benefit inland towns and villages.
The Festival had become a popular event across the district with towns like Horncastle, Louth and Alford staging events, alongside coastal resorts.
Source: Horncastle News
A family have been left devastated after thieves ransacked their home near Spilsby - taking items of sentimental value with them.
Chloe Kimberley Cox, who lives in an adjoining flat to her parents' home in Toynton All Saints, said the culprits gained access via her bedroom window, which had been left ajar.
Source: Lincolnshire Live
Saturday's showing of the classic film "The Third Man" is cancelled due to the weather.
The film, starring Orson Welles, was due to be shown at The Franklin Hall on Saturday 3rd March at 7pm, as part of the Spilsby Community Led Plan's Film Night. However, after consultation with the providers the organisers have taken the decision to cancel the showing.
Adverse weather continues to keep local schools closed with both King Edward VI Academy and Spilsby Primary announcing they will remain closed on Friday 2nd March.
Spilsby Primary School states that the decision to remain closed on Friday is due to advice taken from a multi-agency team working across Lincolnshire and is to ensure the safety of staff and students alike.
Some residents in Spilsby and the surrounding area will have their bin collections delayed due to the adverse weather this Friday.
East Lindsey District Council has confirmed that there will be no waste collections on Friday 2nd March 2018, which affects some areas of Spilsby and the surrounding area. The Council has requested that if your bin needs emptying you should leave it in a visible locat...
- Hare coursing dogs to be re-homed
- Second snow day for local schools
- UK snow: Lincolnshire police calls in military
- Local Schools Shut Due To Weather
- Film Night Funding Success
- Theatre Lounge To Reopen
- Police warn residents of men leafletting in Horncastle and Spilsby area
- Film Night In Spilsby
- It’s curtain down on Christmas at Spilsby theatre
- Spilsby set to welcome in the festive season
- Call for Christmas Market Stallholders
- Shoppers in Spilsby ‘deserve better’
- No charge to spend a penny in Spilsby
- Could You Be A Councillor?
- Police Appeal For Witnesses After Fatal Accident
- Local Restaurant Owner Banned After Food Hygiene Failures
- Scrutiny committee to review county council decision to switch off street lights
- Repairs to listed 19th Century Church complete - but there is still work to be done
- Countdown to 2017 Spilsby Show
- Surgery’s plea over patients not turning up
- Air ambulance called after two adults and two-year-old child hurt in crash on A158
- Five Candidates Put Forward For County Council Elections
- Chinese restaurant owner jailed for £85,000 VAT fraud
- Teen detained for 100mph police pursuit crash
- Spilsby Dubbed Worst Performing Town In East Lindsey
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.