The District Councillor Surgery due to be held on 21 August 2019 has been cancelled. The next Surgery will be held in the Conference Hall in Franklin Hall on 4 September.
Website Terms And Conditions
- Website refers to the Spilsby.Online internet website. Also referred to as Spilsby Online or SpilsbyOnline.co.uk
- We/Us refers to the owners and operators of Spilsby Online website, situated at http://spilsby.online as well as any duly authorised agents or representatives.
- You refers to the end user viewing the website.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Spilsby Online is a community website aiming to provide free-of-charge services to the residents and businesses of Spilsby, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom and surrounding area.
- You agree that the use of this website is at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for the content of individual listings or external websites linked to from this website.
- In the event of any complaint, please use the contact us form as the initial means of contact. All complaints are dealt with confidentially.
- We specifically disclaim all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall we be liable for any loss, or loss of data, or other commercial damage, including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential or other damages. Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold the website and its agents harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney's fees asserted against the website, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns.
- Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the website and its agents against liabilities arising out of:
- Any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with a website listing;
- Any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- Copyright infringement; and
- Any defective products or services sold to customer via a website listing
Business and Community Group Listings
- Users are free to submit listings to the website for their bona fide business or local community group, including details such as a description, location map and photographs. Businesses or groups from outside the immediate catchment area are prohibited from advertising on the website without express prior permission.
- Listings can be changed at any time for free (24/7/365), but only by either the registered owner of the listing or the site administrator.
- The site owners retain the right to modify listings where they do not meet generally accepted conventions of taste and decency.
- It is the responsibility of all listings owners to ensure that they are kept up to date. The site management will not accept any responsibility for ensuring that individual listings are kept up to date.
Spilsby Online is a community website that welcomes interaction from all members of the local area - residents, businesses and community organisations alike. The majority of our news articles are open for comment as well as much of our content.
Users are reminded that all comments left on the website should meet generally accepted rules of taste and decency, such as (but not limited to) treating others with respect, no defamatory or derogatory comments, and no swearing or other use of bad language. The site administrators retain the right to moderate or remove any post which does not meet these requirements.
Comments should be relevant to the article or content they are posted alongside and advertisements for businesses or events will not be accepted. If you wish to advertise a business or event please do so using the business/community group listings page and the community events calendar.
As a community website we have a key role in promoting local events which we do without charge. Any business, group or individual is welcome to submit their event to the events calendar so long as the event is open to the general public.
Where possible the event will also be promoted on social media a week in advance of the event.
We are committed to a zero-tolerance, anti-spamming policy. We are also committed to reducing the volume of inappropriate use of the contact scheme where end-users can send messages to clients. We have put measures in place to keep the volume to a minimum but clients should realise that spam marketing emails are an inevitable part of running a business online. We will endeavour to assist clients should they face issues with spam messages from the website, but we cannot be held responsible for it.
We take your data security seriously. We will not sell your email address or other personal details on to any third party - ever. We reserve the right to contact you using your registered email address for purposes of maintaining any accounts of services provided and to provide advice on how to best use the services provided by SpilsbyOnline. We may choose to offer you the opportunity to subscribe to a community email in the future, however this would be on an opt-in basis only.