Education: Spilsby News» View All News
Local parents and carers are being surveyed about their childcare experiences to ensure there are enough places available and to support future needs. Councillor Mrs Patricia Bradwell, Executive Councillor for Children's Services explained: "Throughout the year we work to do whatever we can to support local childcare providers to offer childcare services parents need and want. Part of this work...
Offers for places at secondary schools have been sent out to parents today with a high percentage receiving their first choice. Parents who have applied for secondary school places for their children today can log-in to the county council's website to see their offer. More than 4000 parents have already got their offers in this way today. For those who did not use our online system (only 4% of ap...
Schoolchildren from Alford and Partney got a taste of opera last week as Garsington Opera members visited schools. Partney C of E Aided School and Huttoft Primary School were visited by members of the Garsington Opera for a singing and operatic workshop.
Source: Skegness Standard
Parents who have applied online for a reception or junior school place can collect their offer from Monday, 18 April 2016. The County Council will post offer letters to parents or carers who made a telephone or paper form application on the same day.
A special school in Spilsby has been selected to appear in the national Good Schools Guide. Lady Jane Franklin School earned its place in the publication for the first time after rigorous scrutiny.
Source: Skegness Standard
- Outstanding result for Spilsby special school
- Local Primary Kids To Benefit From New Kitchen
- A-level results 2015: Principal at King Edward VI Academy, Spilsby pleased with positive results
- Lincolnshire primary schools 'first to change term dates'
- Olympic swimmer Jo inspires school
- Blanshard rows to gold in national championships
- Local Rower Benefits From Trust Scholarship
- School helper Tove is still volunteering at 90
- Don't miss out on a primary school place for your child
- Stickney school closed to some pupils for a second day due to strike action by teachers
- Dinosaur Madness At Spilsby Primary School
- Impressive success stories at King Edward VI Academy
- King Edward VI Academy celebrates outstanding success
- Students Receive Olympian Masterclass
- Academy Futsal National Championships dreams end
- Sporting Success for King Edward Academy
- Work starts on neglected patch
- Spilsby girl, 8, honoured after impressing at conference
- King Edward hosts special Remembrance event
- New mural is icing on cake for school open day
- Teachers strike to affect schools in Skegness, Spilsby and Alford
- Industrial action means possible school closures for parents
- Teachers across Lincolnshire set to strike on October 1
- GCSE Results in at King Edward
- King Edward VI Academy and primary pupils from Spilsby perform in Prom in Skegness
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.