Organising a local event? Let us know and we will add it to our community calendar, ensuring our site visitors can find out about it, as well as publishing details on social media to a wide local audience. All community calendar events are included free of charge. Find out more or submit your event now!
Spilsby News: Spilsby News» View All News
Barclays Bank have announced proposals to close their Spilsby branch later this year.
The branch, on High Street in the town, is set to close on 23rd of November 2018 after the bank reported a 9% drop in counter transactions carried out in the past 24 months.
Saturday's showing of the classic film "The Third Man" is cancelled due to the weather.
The film, starring Orson Welles, was due to be shown at The Franklin Hall on Saturday 3rd March at 7pm, as part of the Spilsby Community Led Plan's Film Night. However, after consultation with the providers the organisers have taken the decision to cancel the showing.
Spilsby Primary School and King Edward VI Academy are among a number of local schools to have announced that they will remain closed for a second day on Thursday due to the weather.
The school have made the decision based on advice received from a number of different agencies in order to ensure the safety of pupils and staff.
Spilsby Sessions House has been forced to close its doors after more dry rot problems were found in the theatre bar.
The blow comes ahead of eight events planned over the festive period and the announcement of the theatre's programme until May.
Source: Skegness Standard
That is the opinion of local traders, including fish seller Kevin Loadman who says, 'Shoppers deserve better'.
East Lindsey District Council is currently running a British Food Festival promotion, with discount vouchers available to encourage shoppers to buy home produced food at local markets.
Source: Skegness Standard
- Cubs from Spilsby share anniversary joy with needy
- Free TV help after 4G switch-on in Spilsby
- Electricity Work May Cause Traffic Delays
- Comedian Dara Ó Briain supports calls for Spilsby Theatre to be saved
- Green light for Triton Knoll windfarm power plans
- Twinning association needs 10 more adults to make Germany trip happen
- High Hopes After White Hart Sale
- Robin Hood Car Park Site Set To Be Auctioned
- White Hart Hotel Set For Auction
- Lincolnshire National Trust property forms its own choir
- Help save Christmas trip for Spilsby group
- Historic lawn tennis club could face closure
- New Caravan and Camping Park Opens
- Mobile Phone Customers Out Of Service
- Town Lights Beacon To Celebrate Queen's 90th Birthday
- Mother of boy with rare condition to host vigil to "death of care"
- Your help could be a lifeline to others in Spilsby area
- George Osborne announces Lincolnshire devolution deal
- Spilsby Post Office Move Confirmed
- Save Our Shires plea at horse centre
- Panto Week To Kick Off With Gala Opening
- Spilsby Theatre step closer to returning to former glory
- Boy’s gift to children’s holiday home in Skegness
- Spilsby Library Reopens In Food Store
- Spilsby Post Office Move Proposed
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.