Spilsby News: Spilsby News» View All News
This May will see the relaunch of the Franklin Way walking route, thirty-three years since it was created. The Franklin Way, which runs between Spilsby and Hundleby, was created in 1986 to celebrate the bicentenary of artic explorer, and former Spilsby resident, Sir John Franklin's birth.
A care home has been given an inadequate rating by the Care Quality Commission after inspectors found that it needed to improve in all areas. Melody Lodge in West Keal, near Spilsby was rated inadequate in safety, care and being well-lead after a number of failings were found in an inspection in December 2018.
Source: Lincolnshire Live
Interest in allotments is expected to grow in Spilsby following a £9,180 Lottery grant to upgrade the facilities. Spilsby Town Council has been awarded the cash for the 33 Hundleby Road allotments by the 'Awards for All' fund.
Source: Skegness Standard
Some residents in the Spilsby area are without water or very low pressure this morning after an overnight water mains burst. In a statement on their website, Anglia Water stated:
The Great War Memorial Plaque of a young soldier from Spilsby who died at Ypres in 1915 will return 'home' this Saturday (20th October). The commemoration by David Morris MP and Victoria Atkins MP will take place at the war memorial outside St James Church Spilsby at 10:00am, before it is presented to Franklin Hall where it will be on permanent display. All are welcome to attend the war memorial c...
- Spilsby Primary Academy Shut Due To Storm Damage
- Barclays Bank Branch In Spilsby Set To Close
- Film Night Cancelled Due To Weather
- Second snow day for local schools
- It’s curtain down on Christmas at Spilsby theatre
- Shoppers in Spilsby ‘deserve better’
- Cubs from Spilsby share anniversary joy with needy
- Free TV help after 4G switch-on in Spilsby
- Electricity Work May Cause Traffic Delays
- Comedian Dara Ó Briain supports calls for Spilsby Theatre to be saved
- Green light for Triton Knoll windfarm power plans
- Twinning association needs 10 more adults to make Germany trip happen
- High Hopes After White Hart Sale
- Robin Hood Car Park Site Set To Be Auctioned
- White Hart Hotel Set For Auction
- Lincolnshire National Trust property forms its own choir
- Help save Christmas trip for Spilsby group
- Historic lawn tennis club could face closure
- New Caravan and Camping Park Opens
- Mobile Phone Customers Out Of Service
- Town Lights Beacon To Celebrate Queen's 90th Birthday
- Mother of boy with rare condition to host vigil to "death of care"
- Your help could be a lifeline to others in Spilsby area
- George Osborne announces Lincolnshire devolution deal
- Spilsby Post Office Move Confirmed
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.