Transport: Spilsby News» View All News
The possibility of a new by-pass for Horncastle is likely to feature in top level talks between Lincolnshire County Council and East Lindsey District Council this month. The two authorities are set to meet to discuss a number of key issues with regard to East Lindsey's Local Plan - the 'blueprint' for development in the district.
Source: Horncastle News
Lincolnshire County Council says it mended more potholes than ever in 2015 and has vowed to provide an even better service this year - despite financial challenges. Figures released by the council show that in the last 12 months, over 100,000 potholes were repaired - and over 380 miles of resurfacing work was carried out.
Source: Horncastle News
A Lincoln Leukemia patient will drive his hand-made coca cola truck around the city to raise money for research into the disease. Barrie Hall, who has suffered from the illness for more than five years, built the impressive lorry over the last eight months with the help of local businesses.
Source: Lincolnshire Echo
Lincolnshire County Council's popular CallConnect bus service has launched a new online booking system, providing a fast and convenient service to help customers plan their journeys online. The web booking portal called OpenDRT replaces the previous online booking system for CallConnect customers. Just some of the new system's features include:
Diversions are in place on the A158 between Baumber and Wragby while resurfacing work takes place over the next three days. The roadworks should be complete by the end of Wednesday March 25. In the meantime motorists face a diversion along the B1225 Caistor High Street to the A157, then a detour through Hainton and West Barkwith to link up with the A158 at Wragby.
- A158 Closed For Repairs Until Thursday
- A16 diversion causing chaos in Old Bolingbroke
- Disabled drivers in Spilsby take offence at councillors’ parking comments
- Spilsby ‘badly let down’ by police over vehicle obstruction
- Overnight improvements on the A158
- Amber weather warning with heavy snow forecast for Lincolnshire
- Volunteer snow clearance team gains new recruits
- Schools Closed and Market Cancelled Due To Snow
- Gritting To Continue
- Amber weather warning with more snow forecast across Lincolnshire
- Emergency plan to keep pavements safe
- Registration Numbers To Be Required At Council Car Parks
- Christmas Free Parking Blow
- Temporary Car Park Offers Free Christmas Parking
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.