Latest Spilsby News
Lincolnshire Police are reminding cash machine users to be vigilant when using ATMs after a number of cash traps have been found in the county. Cash traps were found on the two ATMs at Barclays Bank in Boston on two occasions in the past two weeks.
Do you want to represent and support your community? Spilsby Town Council is looking for people interested in becoming Town Councillors. The Council is looking for two volunteers to come forward to join the Council as co-opted Members as there are two vacancies to be filled after the recent election.
Spilsby Town Council has elected Councillor Terry Taylor as its new mayor. Councillor Taylor was elected to the role at the Town Council meeting on Thursday 16 May, taking over from Councillor Mark Gale who had been the Mayor for the previous two years with Councillor Taylor as his deputy.
This May will see the relaunch of the Franklin Way walking route, thirty-three years since it was created. The Franklin Way, which runs between Spilsby and Hundleby, was created in 1986 to celebrate the bicentenary of artic explorer, and former Spilsby resident, Sir John Franklin's birth.
A care home has been given an inadequate rating by the Care Quality Commission after inspectors found that it needed to improve in all areas. Melody Lodge in West Keal, near Spilsby was rated inadequate in safety, care and being well-lead after a number of failings were found in an inspection in December 2018.
Source: Lincolnshire Live
- Chilly Carehome With No Hot Water Rated Inadequate
- A good day for Independent Candidates in Spilsby area
- Love Spilsby Market in May
- NHS want your views on Lincolnshire's health and care services
- Police Appeal For Information After Burglary
- Primary School Offers Out Now
- Aged 11-18? Share your views about Spilsby
- Time is running out to register for May election
- Three-Way Fight for District Council Election
- Missing Spilsby Man Found
- Police Issue Appeal For Information - Kevin Smith
- Concerns for missing Spilsby man
- Car Parking Permits Go Virtual
- Nominations are now open for the Good Citizens Awards 2019
- Artists come together at Gunby Hall
- Big cash boost for allotments in Spilsby
- Local Man Dies After Stickney Collision
- District Council seeks views on proposed Budget
- School's Countdown To Christmas Appeal Helps Local Foodbank
- Recycle right this Christmas
- Santa's Sleigh Is Coming To Town
- Still time to book for free community Christmas meal in Spilsby
- Residents Without Water After Mains Burst
- Residents reminded to check their bin collections over Christmas and New Year
- Council confirms appointment of next Chief Executive
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.