May 21, 2024

Local Councils – Who do I contact?

Spilsby and the surrounding areas are part of a three tier local government arrangement. This consists of Spilsby Town Council (or other local Parish Council if outside of Spilsby), East Lindsey District Council and Lincolnshire County Council.

Each council has it’s own unique roles and responsibilities and it is important that if you wish to contact a council about a matter you contact the correct one.  By ensuring that you contact the correct body it will ensure that your query is dealt with in a speedy manner.

Who do I contact?

It is important when dealing with council’s that you ensure that you are contacting the right one, otherwise you may end up wasting your time.  Below is a table with some of the queries you may need to contact a council about and information on who you should contact.

For many issues you can use the FixMyStreet website to report them to the relevant Council – for more information please visit our dedicated Reporting Local Issues page.

Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive and does not include other organisations such as Lincolnshire Police, social housing associations and other relevant local organisations.

Information on each of the councils’, such as contact information, can be found by clicking on their name in the table below.  This is not an exhaustive list and more information can be obtained by contacting your local council.

Spilsby Town CouncilEast Lindsey District CouncilLincolnshire County Council
AllotmentsConcessionary Travel PassesRoads/Pavements
PlaygroundCouncil TaxHighways and On-Street Parking
GraveyardHomelessnessCare Homes
Housing AdviceHousehold Recycling Centres
Pest ControlBusiness Waste Collection
Planning Applications/EnquiriesSocial Services
Radar Keys (disabled access)Trading Standards
Domestic Refuse/Waste CollectionTransport Services
Abandoned Vehicles
Fly Tipping
Off-Street Car Parks
Environmental Health