East Lindsey District Council is the district council covering Spilsby and surrounding areas. It covers a geographical area of around 700 square miles, making it the fifth largest district in England.
East Lindsey District Council provide these common services:
- Social Housing (in association with Waterloo Housing)
- Sports facilities
- Street cleansing
- Household Waste and Recycling Collection
- Council Tax administration
However, the District Council is not responsible for any of the following:
- Highway maintenance
- Care homes
- Household recycling centres (tips)
- Business waste collection
If you have a query about the above subjects, you will need to contact Lincolnshire County Council. These lists are not exhaustive by any means.
Members of the public can access one-to-one services by either telephoning the council on 01507 601111 or by attending their nearest Community Access Point (CAP). The Spilsby CAP closed on 25 November 2016. The nearest CAP can be found in Skegness or Horncastle.
The CAP can deal with enquiries including:
- East Lindsey District Council Meetings/Timetable information
- East Lindsey District Council Payments by cheque or credit/debit card
- Concessionary Travel Passes
- Council Tax Enquiries
- Council Tax Benefit Appointments
- Homelessness Advice and Referrals
- Housing Advice
- Pest Control Enquiries
- Planning Applications and Enquiries
- Radar Keys
- Refuse Collection Enquiries
- Reporting Abandoned Vehicles
- Reporting Fly Tipping
- Reporting Damaged Public Facilities and Vandalism/Graffiti
- Tourism and Regeneration
- Car Park Information
- Car Park Season Tickets
The facilities are accessible by wheelchair and equipped with a hearing loop. Private interview facilities are available by appointment.
Latest East Lindsey District Council News
- Bin collections ‘paused’ in some areas due to CovidEast Lindsey District Council have ‘paused’ bin collections for the remainder of this week for some areas, including some in the Spilsby area.
- Council launches high-street business support project for Alford and SpilsbyEast Lindsey District Council has launched a business support pilot aimed at supporting high street retailers in Alford and Spilsby.
- New housing development – make sure your voice is heard before time runs outTime is running short for you to have your say on the proposal on plans for 600 new houses and a new doctors’ surgery in Spilsby. Whether you think the planned development will have a positive or negative impact on the town, or are unsure – time is short for you to have your say.