East Lindsey District Council is the district council covering Spilsby and surrounding areas. It covers a geographical area of around 700 square miles, making it the fifth largest district in England.
East Lindsey District Council provide these common services:
- Social Housing (in association with Waterloo Housing)
- Sports facilities
- Street cleansing
- Household Waste and Recycling Collection
- Council Tax administration
However, the District Council is not responsible for any of the following:
- Highway maintenance
- Care homes
- Household recycling centres (tips)
- Business waste collection
If you have a query about the above subjects, you will need to contact Lincolnshire County Council. These lists are not exhaustive by any means.
Members of the public can access one-to-one services by either telephoning the council on 01507 601111 or by attending their nearest Community Access Point (CAP). The Spilsby CAP closed on 25 November 2016. The nearest CAP can be found in Skegness or Horncastle.
The CAP can deal with enquiries including:
- East Lindsey District Council Meetings/Timetable information
- East Lindsey District Council Payments by cheque or credit/debit card
- Concessionary Travel Passes
- Council Tax Enquiries
- Council Tax Benefit Appointments
- Homelessness Advice and Referrals
- Housing Advice
- Pest Control Enquiries
- Planning Applications and Enquiries
- Radar Keys
- Refuse Collection Enquiries
- Reporting Abandoned Vehicles
- Reporting Fly Tipping
- Reporting Damaged Public Facilities and Vandalism/Graffiti
- Tourism and Regeneration
- Car Park Information
- Car Park Season Tickets
The facilities are accessible by wheelchair and equipped with a hearing loop. Private interview facilities are available by appointment.
Latest East Lindsey District Council News
- Have your say about the future development of SpilsbySpilsby Town Council is looking to hear your views on shaping development and growth of Spilsby.
- Town Council looking for residents views on plans for 450 housesSpilsby Town Council is looking to engage with local residents and businesses about plans for up to 450 houses to be built in the town.
- Town Centre free parking extendedEast Lindsey District Council has announced that parking in their Spilsby car parks will remain free until 1st August.