Reporting Problems

Do you have a problem in your area that you would like to report to the Council but are not sure how, or indeed which Council to contact?  There is a simple solution available for you to use – and it is so good we use it ourselves!

What is is an independent, charity-run website that logs local problems and passes them on to the relevant authorities. is primarily for reporting things that are broken or dirty or damaged or dumped, and need fixing, cleaning or clearing, like graffiti, dog fouling, potholes or street lights that don’t work – and you can do it quickly and easily.  They even have apps for Android and Apple mobile phones.

One of the best advantages of using the website is that you can see what other local problems have been reported recently to see if the issue you want to report is already being dealt with.  You can also set up local alerts so that you will receive an email every time an issue is reported in the area you select.

What Can I Report?

Things you can report issues with on are:

Abandoned VehiclesBus StopsCar Parking
Dog FoulingFlypostingFly tipping
Public ToiletsRoads/HighwaysRoad Traffic Signs
Rubbish (refuse and recycling)Street cleaningStreet lighting
Street name platesTraffic LightsTrees

What Can I Not Report, Or Should Not Report using

If your complaint or issue is urgent you should take it up with the relevant Council directly by telephone or in person.  You can contact Lincolnshire County Council on 01522 552222 or East Lindsey District Council on 01507 601111.  To save inconvenience please ensure you contact the correct Council – more details can be found on our “Who Do I Contact?” page.

Does it work?

Yes, we have reported many issues in and around Spilsby over the last few years and have always found the Councils responsive to issues reported via FixMyStreet. However, in the past few years, we have noticed that Lincolnshire County Council has either ignored reports or marked requests as completed – even when no action has been taken.

However, the more reports we can get about local issues, the more pressure is put on the relevant Council to do something about it.

What has been reported locally? Can I find out if it has already been reported?

We have a map of all the reports that have been made within the past six months in the Spilsby area (approximately 10 miles radius) which can be viewed on our local reports page. More information can be found on the main FixMyStreet website.

Who are FixMyStreet? is run by the charity MySociety and has no direct relationship with SpilsbyOnline, or the local Councils.

Discover more from Spilsby Online

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.