Do you have what it takes to be a Town Councillor?

Spilsby Town Council

Do you have what it takes to be a Town Councillor?  Spilsby Town Council wants to hear from you.

So many people have ideas for how the Town should be run on Facebook but are unwilling to put themselves forward or have big misconceptions about what the role involves.  If you feel that you could represent your community and make a difference to the lives of people within the town you could be just the person the Council needs.

Spilsby Town Council are currently seeking candidates for co-option into an available position on the Town Council.  Anyone wanting to be considered should contact the Town Clerk.  The role of Town Councillor is voluntary and unpaid.

To be considered you must meet at least one of the following conditions:

Registered as a local government elector for the Parish of Spilsby on the current Electoral Register; or
During the whole of the previous 12 months occupied as a tenant or owner of any land or other premises in the Parish of Spilsby; or
Have had your principal or only place of work in the previous 12 months in the Parish of Spilsby; or
Have resided either in the Parish or within 3 miles thereof during the previous 12 months.

Applications should be submitted to the Town Council as soon as possible and applicants will be invited to attend an informal discussion.

You can contact Bonny Smith, Town Clerk at Spilsby Town Council in the Franklin Hall on Halton Road, Spilsby, PE23 5LA, by telephone on 01790 753189 or by email at

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments